Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Review for Managing Windows Servers with Chef

I was recommended ManagingWindows Servers with Chef by a marketing professional at Packt. Would like to share my thoughts on this.

This book has practical examples that will help you to deploy software with ease. After going through the examples you can develop and test recipes for multiple platforms and will also let you manage Windows hosts. This book treated me with great introduction of how to use Chef which helped me understand how to take advantage of it when I am managing my infrastructure.

I recommend it to all system administrators with some exposure to Chef and who are familiar with programming or scripting languages. It will be helpful if you are interested in managing Windows-based systems using Chef. 

No comments:

Post a Comment