Friday, April 26, 2013

SQL Server Patch Issue: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file

I was trying to Install SQL Hotfix on one of the production server. When I tried to run the setup file I was getting below error:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission toaccess the item






I checked all Drives and I had Full permission on these Drives. I was added in Local Admin group in the server. I also tried to run the the setup file "Run as Administrator" but I was getting the same error:

When I right clicked on the set up file and checked in General tab I found that the file was blocked. This happened because I copied the setup file from some remote location and probably there was some additional security setup on this server. I Just clicked on UNBLOCK and click Apply and Try to ran setup again and it worked.



No comments:

Post a Comment